I found this recipe on a blog last Spring (if this is your recipe, please let me know, I lost your link!), and have been making it nearly every week since. I just can’t bring myself to buy the Dunkin’ Donuts or McDonald’s kind anymore. Why? Because mine taste’s better, it’s cheaper, and it’s better for me!
Sorry for the crappy pics, but here she blows:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup ground coffee
- quart jar (or some similar sized container)
- small strainer
- coffee filter
- Prep: 10 mins
- Brew: 24 hrs
- Strain: 30 mins
WHAT YOU DO:
- Put 1 cup of ground coffee in 1 quart jar. Fill to the top with water (just use lukewarm). Twist the lid on tightly, and give it a shake. Put it in the fridge overnight. ( I usually leave it for 24 hours. This time I forgot about it and left it for, ohhh, 72 hours. It’s still good.)
- Set up your strainer over another quart jar, or large-ish bowl, insert coffee filter, and slowly pour coffee through it. **TIP #1: If you give the jar a good couple shakes before you pour, you’ll prevent a big splat of coffee grounds from landing on your counter. **TIP #2: It filters slowly, due to the coffee grinds, so I’ll sometimes dump half in the filter, then when it’s done, use a new filter for the second half, but not necessary.
- Once it’s done straining, put in a sealed container (I just rinse the same jar out, and put it in there) and refrigerate OR add a few ice cubes to a glass, fill half with coffee, and add a splash of flavoring. (My favorite is the caramel.)
- Fill the rest with milk, and VOILA, you have yourself some delicious, refreshing, homemade iced coffee.