You know how everytime you read someone’s blog about chickens, they’re all like, “I can’t stop getting chickens.” or “Be sure to prepare for more chickens, cause once you start you can’t stop.” Wellllll…..it’s true. We got more chickens. Three more chickens. That’s a total of 6. 3 Jersey Giants, 1 Barred Rock, 1 White brahma, and 1 black australop.
I’ve been meaning to update you on all of the terrific happenings going on at our place, but it’s like Spring here, and I’ve been buuuuuuusy! The evenings are usually when I blog, but instead, I’ve been finding myself asleep sitting up. So, heres a quickie version:
1. We got more chickens….obviously. We still don’t have eggs. Our 3 Jersey giants are all molting.
2. We built a new, awesome chicken coop, big enough for 6 chickens.
3. Our farm is up a running. (Check it out at Collingwood Farm.)
4. There are things sprouting in my bedroom, breezeway, cold frames, and portable green house.
5. The sun is shining most days, and its 70 degrees.
6. I’ve been spending any spare time outside, loving every minute, and spending my nights sleeping like a rock.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to post better posts soon. But for now, we should all get outside and enjoy this weather!! 🙂